Swansea loan signing Tammy ‘The Terminator’ Abraham lit up the Championship last season with Bristol City netting 23 goals in 40 appearances. Abraham is one of Chelsea 25 players out on loan and he will be looking to show his employers what he can do. But does Abraham have what it takes to make a splash in the Premier League or will he fall into the depths of England’s first tier? Here is everything you need to know:
- Abraham finished second behind Chris Wood as the Championship’s leading goal scorer
- 18 of his 23 goals came with his right foot, three came from his left, and he scored two with his head
- All 23 of his goals in the league came inside the 18-yard box
- The 19-year-old had 105 shots on goal, 38 were on target
- He also created 41 chances and finished the season with three assists
- Abraham won 72 aerial duels and dribbled the ball 24 times
- Abraham won 64 fouls but committed 46
Paul Clement is spoiled for choice up front this season with Fernando Llorente coming off the back of a 15-goal season, Jordan Ayew providing back-up, and if they can keep him, Gylfi Sigurdsson will also chip in with a few goals.
Abraham is still young so he has plenty of time to make his mark in the Premier League and with Alvaro Morata, Diego Costa, and Michy Batshuayi in Chelsea’s squad, Abraham will need a big season to put himself into consideration for future squads. If he can have a similar season with Swansea that he had with Bristol City, Abraham could be one of the (loan) signings of the season and set himself up for a big future.