When you think of the most successful players in the A-League what are the names that come to mind? Archie Thompson. Kevin Muscat. Michael Theo. Thomas Broich. Besart Berisha. You’re right in saying that those players are some of the most successful, but after Sydney FC’s 2-1 victory over Adelaide United in the FFA Cup final it’s time to add another name to the list.
When Luke Wilkshire was replaced by Sebastian Ryall in the 106th minute, Ryall ensured he won his eighth A-League title, putting him one behind Michael Theo with nine trophies. Don’t believe us, here is a list of the titles he has won
- 2008 Pre-season Cup with Melbourne Victory
- 2008-09 Premier’s Plate with Melbourne Victory
- 2008-09 Championship with Melbourne Victory
- 2009-10 Premier’s Plate with Sydney FC
- 2009-10 Championship with Sydney FC
- 2016-17 Premier’s Plate with Sydney FC
- 2016-17 Championship with Sydney FC
- 2017 FFA Cup with Sydney FC
With Sydney FC leading the way so far this season and with Graham Arnold continuing to say his side are better than last season and are not even at 100 per cent this season, Sebastian Ryall has a chance to become the A-League’s most successful player come season’s end.