COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of information we collect depends on how you use our services and generally can include name, address, phone number, fax or email address, birthdate, gender, job title, company, bank account/credit card and relevant details to enable processing of payments, IP address, as well as interests and details about your transactions and general use of services. Some of this personal information may be sensitive, and it will only be collected with your consent or when required or authorised to by law.
Collection of information includes through:
- registration to websites and social media accounts
- entry into promotions, surveys or competitions
- signing up to newsletters, email and other notifications associated with our website and social media
- application for employment with us
- download and use of digital publications
Kickscribe will always undertake such collection by lawful and fair practices and not in any unreasonably or intrusive way. If we collect information through a third party, we will take all measures to ensure that it is in accordance with the regulations of the APPs.
USE OF INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected initially. To arrange, conduct and promote media activities, offers and services that we believe to be of interest to you or required by law.
- delivery of newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions
- offers of participation in surveys, competitions and general discussion
- follow ups to job applications and other enquires
In some circumstances your personal information may be used or disclosed for a purpose other than the main reason it was collected. This practice is called a secondary purpose, and could come in the form of:
- the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information provided
- you have consented the use of personal information
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of your personal information is necessary to lessen or prevent any serious or immediate threat to an individual’s life or health
- we have reason to suspect unlawful activity has been engaged in and use of personal information may used as part of our investigation or be disclosed to relevant persons or authorities
- it is specifically required by law
- when it is necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or any other regulations set by authorities
Because the Internet is global, information about you that we collect or that you submit may be transferred to, processed in, and held in countries (including the United States) other than the one in which you reside.
WEBSITES, COOKIES, THIRD PARTY SERVICES – NON PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to manage our website and digital properties we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains, IP addresses, browser type, device name or type, operating system, service provider and local time. This is to ensure our services present the best experience for visitors and to make sure advertising and your use of products is relevant to you. Services like DoubleClick, Google and other advertising technology providers as well analytic programs such as Google Analytics may be used. Data collected by us through these practices is only done so with the intention provide better services to you. This data can include:
- general website statistics such as demographic and traffic flow on our website which does not personally identify you
Cookies may also be used in certain parts of our website to tailor the navigational experience to you. A cookie is generated by a software application on a website’s server, which enable it to improve your navigational experience through customisation enabled by tracking your navigation through a small text file on your hard drive. If you are concerned by cookies, most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered, and permit you to opt-out of receiving them.
Throughout our services there may be links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other website and urge you to review their practices prior to submitting any personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store information securely. This includes onsite secure servers and trusted third party storage providers.